Meet Dr. Chris Homan
Chris Homan is a medical pain doctor who strives to take a truly comprehensive view of his patients’ health, and offer a whole-of-body, long-lasting solution to their pain.
Dr. Homan graduated from the University of Queensland in 1989 and pursued a career as a rural doctor for 15 years. During this time, he provided all the medical services to a small community including general practice, obstetrics, mental health, emergency medicine and surgery.
Over time, he became increasingly aware of the large number of patients with painful conditions who weren’t adequately treated by the traditional medical system. A personal experience with chronic musculoskeletal pain motivated him to start studying in the area. Chris has subsequently completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine and was generously mentored by experienced musculoskeletal practitioners, including Dr. Geoff Harding, Dr. Philip Watson and Dr. Peter Jackson.
Dr. Homan has been working full-time in Musculoskeletal Medicine since 2007, providing non-surgical solutions to patients experiencing persistent body pain. Chris's lengthy experience as a procedural rural GP and hospital superintendent makes him well placed to offer a truly comprehensive approach to patient health. He combines a range of gentle physical treatments and injection therapies with medical investigation, diagnosis, pain education, judicious drug prescribing and appropriate referrals.
In his clinic in Spring Hill, Brisbane, Dr. Homan offers comprehensive care and long lasting non-surgical solutions to persistent pain.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (University of Queensland, 1989)
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (1996)
- Fellow of Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (1996-2006)
- Advanced Diploma Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (1995-2004)
- Post-graduate Diploma Musculoskeletal Medicine (Otago, 2007)
- Management Committee, Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Former Board Member, Faculty of Rural Medicine, RACGP
- Former President, Rural Doctors Association of Queensland
- Former Vice-President (education), Rural Doctors Association of Australia
- Former Treasurer, Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine